We’re never too old to tell our mom that we love her, and we’re definitely not too old to make her a handmade Mother’s Day gift. The best gift ideas are the ones that come from the heart. So this Mother’s Day, put time and care into crafting the best gift for your mom before Sunday! Here are six ideas to inspire your DIY gift or activity. And be sure to take our quiz after reading!
- Good Night’s Sleep Gift Basket: Your mom is probably on the go all day. (She’s Superwoman, right?) Give the gift of a good night’s rest. Put together a gift basket full of all things restful, like lavender or peppermint tea, a lush eye mask, a cozy bath robe and a relaxing playlist or CD.
- Floral Wreath: Make this simple, elegant DIY wreath for your mom’s front door. All you need is a wire wreath ring, greenery of your choice, scissors and green floral wire. Dress it up with her favorite flowers to add a personal touch.
- Framed Family Picture: Framing a recent photo of her children and grandchildren is a great go-to gift idea. After all, YOU are her favorite gift! DIY the picture frame by painting it her favorite color or including one of her quotes or favorite sayings. Consider trying something more unique and timeless, like this silhouette photo frame.
- Coffee Table Tray: All you need is a thrift store serving tray, spray paint and painter’s tape. Create a glam serving tray to display a vase of fresh flowers and a handwritten card, or spoil her with breakfast in bed.
- Make Her a Meal: Pay her back for all of the years she cooked for you. Be as casual or fancy as you want with your recipes. Check out these Mother’s Day meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Pamper Her: Think of a few treats your mom deserves like an hour-long bubble bath, a manicure, or a massage. Buy her a professional service, or DIY all the supplies for an at-home day of pampering.
- Plant Flowers Together: Brighten up your mom’s day and yard by planting new flowers. Add an extra touch of thoughtfulness with flowers that have meaning. Did you know carnations show gratitude and sunflowers are a sign of adoration?
- Plan a Skype or FaceTime Date: Don’t let distance separate you on Mother’s Day. Invite her on a special skype date. Send her your DIY gift in the mail and ask her to wait until your call to open it, so you can see her reaction!
No matter what gift you give your mom this Mother’s Day, spending quality time together is the best gift she can receive. Make new memories and show her just how much you appreciate her. Check back often for more DIY ideas for all occasions, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Are you a mom with a do-it-yourself mentality?