Simple. Straightforward. Easy. These aren’t terms you normally hear with filing taxes, but if you’re single or married, with no children and make less than $100,000, you can file Form 1040EZ… and it really is easy! Of the three federal tax forms, including Form 1040A and Form 1040, this one’s the simplest.


If you meet these conditions, Form 1040EZ is the one for you:

  • You’re flying solo (single) or you’re hitched (married filing jointly).
  • You have no kiddos or dependents.
  • You’re under 65 years young.
  • Your taxable income is less than $100,000.
  • Your taxable interest no more than $1,500.
  • You don’t claim any adjustments to income.
  • You don’t claim any credits, other than maybe the Earned Income Credit.
  • You only have wages, tips (all included on your W-2), salaries, unemployment compensation, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.
  • You didn’t receive premium assistance from the health insurance marketplace.
  • See the full list of IRS conditions here.


DIY Tax makes it even easier to file by collecting Form1040EZ information for you. All you have to do is answer a few questions about your income, payments and credits. DIY Tax handles the tax calculations. Plus, we guarantee those calculations are 100% accurate so you can get the IRS refund you deserve.


What information do you need to provide?

  • Name, Address, Social Security Number
  • Income based on Form W-2
  • Payments, credits and tax based on Form W-2 and 1099
  • Health care coverage
  • Refund direct deposit info
  • Your signature, or in our case, electronic signature


Have you filed your 1040EZ with DIY Tax in the past? Comment below to let us know about your experience. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!